- Happy Seeder is one of the unique techniques which are used for sowing wheat without burning of rice residue.
- This technology is e co- friendly with environment for the health of soil as well as it also saves water.
- During the time of wheat sowing, farmer generally burns paddy residue which decreases the soil fertility and produces harmful gases for human beings, animals and environment. Therefore to maintain soil nutrition value.
- A Happy Seeder is the most successful implement for sowing wheat in paddy residue without burning straw.
Parts of happy seeder:-
- Seed & Fertilizer Box
- Seed & Fertilizer Pipe
- Three point Linkage
- Gear Box
- Drive wheel
- Seed & Fertilizer Adjustment Lever
- Flails Rotor
- Depth control Wheel
- Press Wheel
- Seed & Fertilizer Box Cover
- 14. Foot Rest
- Possibility of sowing wheat crop just after rice harvesting i.e. option for long duration wheat and paddy
- Possibility of sowing wheat in the residual moisture i.e. saving of irrigation.
- Timely sowing wheat even after long duration of basmati rice varieties.
- Less weed growth.
- Improves Soil Health
- Environment friendly
- The happy seeder is attached to the tractor through a three point linkage system. After hitching with the tractor, the PTO shaft of tractor is attached to PTO shaft linkage of machine which gives drive to the flail. As the drive wheel moves the fertilizer and seed metering device, the seed and fertilizer start dropping in furrow/slits opened by furrow opener. The flail starts operating through the PTO shaft and the residue in front of tines is cleaned
- Tractor with double clutch of 50-75 HP should be used to operate the machine.
- Always operate with 540RPM PTO shaft.
- Do not engage PTO at full throttle.
- Set engine to 1500-1700 RPM and operator tractor in 1st and 2nd gear depending upon straw load.
- Adjust depth control wheel to ensure optimal depth of planting.
- List the happy seeder while turning to avoid hindrance problem and bending of tines.
- The optimum depth of seeding should be between 5 to 10 cm.
- Machine should be properly cleaned after operation, seed and fertilizer box, metering system etc.
- Wash seed and fertilizer box and moving parts at the end of the season.
- Store the machine on a solid surface in a cool and dry place.
- The field should be laser leveled before sowing of the preceding crop.
- Please check the soil moisture before using the machine in the field.
- For harvesting of paddy, use combine harvester having super SMS attached. This super SMS system chop the
- paddy straw coming out from the combine into the small pieces before dropping on the ground and spread it
- evenly all over the field, which in turn leads to ease in operation of happy seeder.
- Early morning hours may be avoided for operation of happy seeder as high moisture content in residue and dew
- may clog the happy seeder.
Advantages Of Happy Seeder:-
- This technology is eco- friendly.
- Saves money as less time is needed to carry out field operations, which in turn reduces fuel and labor costs.
- Direct sowing also reduce soil disturbance.
- We can stop burning of straw.
Daily or Every 10 hours work:-
- Tighten all bolts and nuts.
- Check the level of gear oil.
- Grease rotor bearing & PTO shaft
Weekly or Every 50 hours work:-
- Oil/Grease all side belt drive.
- Check the oil level of gearbox.
Every 400 hours work:-
- Periodically change the gear oil and use recommended oil only.
How to use:- This operator’s manual describes how to use this happy seeder correctly and safely and precautions for using it. Read this manual carefully before using the happy seeder. Keep this manual close to your tractor, after you have read through it.
- Don’t wear loose clothing or muffler to avoid from being caught in a control lever or rotating part.
- Children or people who have no knowledge of the operator’s manual and the safety labels on the happy seeder are not allowed to operate the happy seeder.
- People under 16 years of age are not allowed to use the Happy seeder.
- Please do not touch any rotating parts of machine while it’s working.
- Please check the main gear oil level before using the happy seeder.
- Please check it’s all the bolts and nuts regularly.
- Before Using the machine please replace lost or damaged parts.
- After attaching the Happy seeder to the tractor, check the connection of top link, lower links and list links
- Always use the lower gear of tractor to obtain fine tilt of soil and good cutting of straw residue.
- Depth of fertilizer, seed boot of happy seeder can be adjusted by raising or lowering the depth skids position.
- For a very fine seedbed, drive tractor very slowly. Tractor working speed should not be more than4-5kmper/h.
- . Do not allow anyone to remain between the tractor and the unit while it is being coupled or uncoupled.
Lights and Indications:-
Before transporting the machine on public roads, ensure that all legally required lights and indicates are in place. Ensure that lights and indicators are clean and in a good working order. Replace any missing or broken equipment.
- Stones and other debris projected by the moving parts can travel a long distance. Always stay at a safe distance from the machine.
- Keep Away from the rotary elements and from the machine all the time the engine is running, the PTO is engaged and the rotors are running
- Use only PTO shafts supplied with the machine recommended by the manufacturer.
- Make sure that the PTO shaft guards and secured with the safety chains provided.
- Do not wear loose clothing that could be caught in the rotating PTO shaft.
- Before removing or attaching the PTO shaft, or before doing any work on the machine, disengage the PTO drive,turn off the engine, remove the ignition key and wait for all the moving parts have come to a complete stop.
- Ensure that the PTO shaft is always correctly fitted and locked into place.
- Before connecting the PTO please ensure that tell PTO speed and direction of rotating are in the line with manufacturer’s recommendation.